Sunday 19 February 2012

Bored to death, painting small things

So my mighty task of basing 105 teams went well enough. All teams are undercoated and I managed to push through the boredom factor and put down the basic paint scheme for the Soviet and all German teams to date. I stopped short of painting my US Para's bases because I needed a break.

Step forward Soviet Spetsnaz:
Ford GPA jeeps. The jeep to the front of the picture received a wash of Games Workshop (GW) Thraka Green and the two rear jeeps were washed with GW Devlan Mud (or Devlan Miracle wash)

Engineer Sapper trucks. Again truck on the left is Devlan Miracle and on the right Thraka Green on the right. Not happy with the windows, but will revisit them in time...

Nice details from Battlefront in the truckbed

My Spetsnaz teams, I tried to replicate the amoeba camo but my scheme is a little dark for this to come out that well. I stopped at just the command team for now. Still, one afternoons painting and I've completed a lot!

All together. These pics make all the hours of work worthwhile

And what I have to work through next...

So my aim for this next week is to work through one Engineer Sapper company plus the battalion command, oh and make a dent in some SS Grenadiers. As a treat for painting these I'll then probably work on either halftracks or my Tiger tanks.

Until next time.

3 comments:

  1. I like your Russians.

    I think the Devlan mud washed ones look nicer that the green washed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, Soviets are daunting as there are just so many of them!

    As to the devlan mud/Thraka green debate the jury is still out. I like the brightness afforded by the green yet the brown gives a dirty used look. When I get round to tanks I'll have a better idea as to which one I'm sticking with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been waiting to see more of your work. I think that your pieces look great and I have been interested to see what your soviet horde is going to look like. I hope that you get some more time to paint. Cheers

    MinutiaeOfWar

    ReplyDelete