Wednesday 15 February 2012

Killing off the humdrum jobs

We all suffer from mojo killing tasks in our eternal quest to build/paint/game with miniature figurines, I am usually guilty of putting off what can be done today and rarely getting round to it tomorrow.

Until today.

Having cleaned, sorted and assembled all of my remaining FOW teams for my various projects I decided to apply filler to all the bases is one fell swoop yesterday evening. That's 54 US Para teams, 13 assorted German teams and no less than 38 Soviet teams for a grand total of 105 tiny little bases.

Madness.

I started off with a fresh tub of readymixed filler, 1kg in size. At the end of the evening I'd used 1/3 of the tub and watched about 2 and 1/2 films. Here are the results:

Soviets. Lots of little soviets

A bucket of US Paras

Left to Right on my workdesk: Spetsnaz, assorted Fallschirmjäger and 2 SS Platoons (plus their HQ!)

Whilst watching filler dry I undercoated the last of my vehicles, ready for a paint session this weekend (well the Soviet stuff anyhow!)

Obviously the teams now need their base edges finally cleaned up, sand added and then undercoated. With my new found mojo I aim to have all my FOW minis undercoated and ready for paint by this Friday evening.

Now where did I put my other can of black spray paint...

2 comments:

  1. Your insane dude but making rather massive progress at the same time, looking forward to seeing some paint on these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Si, They are all undercoated now, and bases painted on 1/5 of them. Expect productivity to drop off when the wife is home!

    ReplyDelete