Sunday 20 January 2013

For the Motherland!

New week, new post.

I've been a bit busy with work and had limited time for my hobby but I did manage to paint the first 5 of 11 Soviet Assault Engineers.

 The SG43 loader page-7-fella, mid pose.

Sapper with SMG and mine "dude, is this thing live???"

 "I spy with my Red Army eye..."

 SMG firing. "Blam, Blam. Uri, I got you, you're dead"

Sapper with Panzerfaust, "Hey, guys, you could like carry some stuff too you know."

Group shot, minus flash.

Group shot with flash.

So a weeks work (two nights really) and I'm done. So happy with the results, I really love the Warlordgames Russian metals, I have 40 plastic infantry to build this month with a view to having them painted by the end of February. Then I can do some fun stuff - T34/76 that's under coated  a Zis3 76mm gun team and I might plump for either an assault-gun of some sort (SU-85 or SU 100) or maybe a captured Panther/Tiger, with adhoc Soviet paint-over.

There will be the new soviet scouts too, so nice and it'd be rude to not include them (with a captured schwimmwagon too ;) )


All in all, 3 weeks into 2013 (almost!) and 3 Blog updates, only 49 more to reach my target for this year!


Until next time...

6 comments:

  1. I'm impressed, not only are you updating your blog but your painting to boot :O

    Sappers are looking great too, nice to see some themed terrain in the background. Is it that stuff you had custom made?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep mate, it's from Terrafirmastudios.co.uk

    It's supposed to be 15mm Bocage (which it actually does a great job of) but also doubles as thick 28mm hedges.

    I've got 6 more dudes to paint up, wasn't sure of the camo but it's come out OK. Just ordered the Soviet Scouts, 76mm gun and another tank for my force (this will be a surprise though).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the blog look, and these figures are great. Nice paintjobs as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers dude!

    I've been rather vacant last year but intend to step up progress this year. Keep following ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great, the sculpts are fantastic and you have painted them really well. I like the camo and the body armour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers man, I loved painting them. There's lots of room for improvement; I don't paint eyes on 28mm minis when madmen like you do on 15mm! I'd love to see you paint up some 28mm to see how much you go to town on them.

    ReplyDelete