Tuesday 15 January 2013

Idle hands

Being on a shift pattern at work recently has given me more time to get stuck into my hobby toys and build. Night shifts have been particularly quiet so here's what my idle hands have been up to...

M18 's and security section. The security section still needs some filler where the wheels of the M20's mate with the resin body. Not nice models to fit together.

 US Para 57mm AT sections. Quick minis to build though I had a lot of flash on my two blisters...

 US Para 75mm pack howitzers. Nice and clean boxset from Battlefront (quick and easy to assemble).

 US Para Engineer platoon. Not a great variety of poses with these. For a relatively new blister the moulds of some figures were awful.

 A moment of indecision. I love Stuart tanks but also fancied some M4A3's as support for my US Paras. The answer? Buy both! (and sustain the global economy single handedly!).

 Some 4ground.co.uk 15mm wall sections. Quick to build with minimum cleaning and only now require flock to finish. You get loads of walls in the pack and it's cheap too. Remember, I'm lazy and I like a bargain.

More 4ground.co.uk 15mm lasercut terrain. This time a graveyard. Again; cheap, easy to build, good quality and lots of it for the money.
4ground.co.uk fences in 15mm. Not much I can add that I haven't above.

Some pics of a 4ground.co.uk terraced house. A real pleasure to build in under 40 minutes (plus drying time). Sturdy, well made and the kit went together perfectly. I have a load more of their kits to finish off and a church to build. They might look a little clean but with some effort these can be painted up to look battle worn as much as any resin house I've seen.
 

Finally, I had some time to clean up my boltaction Russians:
 Soviet Sappers, menacing. I decided to put the SG43 team on individual washers to make casualty counting easier. I have seen larger 60mm bases with magnets being used, it's something I might have a play with in the future.

After starting to clean up my plastic Ruskies I realised I never had my army list to hand, so stopped before I gave every one an SMG! Also in picture is a Maxim team (top right) and the turret for my T34/76 (1941 turret). This model was a bit of a pig, but more on that next time...


Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. If the castings are really terrible I highly recommend contacting customer support to get them replaced. As they are very helpful and will be more than happy to replace them. Check the website to see how to raise a support ticket, there isn't too much information required.

    ReplyDelete